Hasbro, WowWee and Sensible Object triumph at Kids at Play Interactive Awards
Sensible Object, WowWee and Hasbro are among the winners at this year’s KAPi (Kids at Play Interactive) Awards.
Organised by Living in Digital Times and the Children’s Technology Review, the KAPi Awards recognise the most innovative games, software, devices and apps for educating and entertaining the kids of today.
“We’re seeing an effort by the kids’ community to develop more open-ended, low-cost opportunities for play, and that’s a good thing,” said Robin Raskin, president and founder of Living in Digital Times.
“Of special note this year is the use of technology that has ‘no screens’ attached and uses voice as an input device.”
The 2019 KAPi Award winners are as follows:
- Lifetime Achievement: Fred Rogers (Posthumous)
- Pioneer: Jesse Schell, Schell Games
- Best Hardware: Echo Dot Kids by Amazon
- Best Overall Tech: Nintendo Labo by Nintendo
- Best Maker Spirit: Itty Bitty Buggy by Microduino
- Best Robot: JIMU Overdrive Kit by Ubtech
- Most Novel Tech: When in Rome by Sensible Object
- Best Mixed Reality: Untamed/Battle Arena by WowWee and HappyGiant
- Best Educational Product: Snap Circuits BRIC Structures by Elenco
- Best Physical Play: Nerf Laser Ops Pro by Hasbro
- Best Video Game: Starlink: Battle for Atlas by Ubisoft
The KAPi Award ceremony will take place at CES 2019 in Las Vegas on Thursday, January 10, at 6:00 p.m. at the Venetian Hotel.
For more information, head to https://kapiawards.com.