TEAM: PRODUCT DESIGN
REPORTING TO: GEOFF SMYRK, GLOBAL PRODUCT CREATIVE DIRECTOR
A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it’s the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and it’s the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It’s this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
The Marketing store (TMS) has a long, exciting history as a highly innovative, inspirationally creative, global marketing agency. Our focus is on creating the most effective, brand building, behavior changing programs for iconic brands and businesses across the world. Our through-the-line model is led by data, fueled by cultural insight and focused on retail activation, products and experiences that drive the business. Our solutions are built around the ways real humans actually behave. And we behave like real humans too. We’re collaborative, supportive of one another, respectful of everyone, and generally fun to be around.
As the Creative Head of Product Design you will drive the quality of output of The Marketing Store UK product design team. You will be responsible for owning the delivery of creative products and experiences that reach the hands of children and families around the world. Driving teams and clients to think differently, seek new solutions, designing and innovating the play experience through the products we produce.
Finally, we guarantee that you will leave changed. Because we help our people achieve their goals.
So come here to experience. To experiment. To make mistakes. To challenge your own limits.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE AGENCY
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You will be able to demonstrate capabilities across the below three key areas:
Leading and driving the UK Creative team culture and ongoing work. This includes direct involvement and/or oversight of hiring, promotions, and project resource. You will be expected to drive a positive, creative, and work oriented studio atmosphere. Additionally, you will be able to work with global colleagues in different time-zones, to create and spar on globally aligned creative solutions.
Pitching and winning key client business. As one of the senior creatives in the company, you will be able to build and win client business and loyalty through presentation talent, expertise, personality, and overall industry experience.
Driving excellence in many disciplines. You will possess specific expertise that helps drive value in our delivery. You should be able to effectively communicate that value to customers and coach and manage a team in utilizing that expertise within project work.
Digging deeper on the details
- Creative concepting through to final deliverables
- Fostering ongoing improvements in creative processes and methodologies
- Ensuring that the creative group priorities are aligned with the greater creative objectives across the agency
- Managing the creative process and components to maximize the strategic impact and deliver maximum value in production
- Along with the Business Development team, developing and closing new business relationships with clients
- Ensuring the UK creative team are producing work at the highest quality, aligned across the TMS offices (globally), and with a TMS brand consistency
- Ensuring the process is efficient and profitable and the client’s needs are met or exceeded
- Integration with our innovation and sustainability team to ensure both environmentally responsible designs and new cutting edge solutions are created.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Solid senior level experience in product design (Play/Toy or Entertainment category ideal), either consultancy or in-house design team applying breakthrough customer insights to the Creative process
- Leading by example and inspiring colleagues and clients with clarity of thought and an ability to pinpoint key insights and articulate them in a compelling way
- Highly collaborative in work approach
- Innate curiosity and demonstrated ability to connect insights and gain inspiration from disparate sources
- Exceptional thinking and influence skills
- Confident and clear communicator, with the demonstrated ability to be inspirational and compelling; the kind of person others regularly look to for ideas
- Exceptional brainstorm leader; moderation and facilitation of conceptual idea development
- Proven success working in cross functional teams
- Comfort working in highly flexible, ever changing entrepreneurial environments
THOSE EXTRA PERKS!
- ‘Your Hours’ – flexible working for all around a core hours structure
- 22 days’ holiday standard (increases year on year with service)
- An additional three days for the Christmas period
- Your birthday off and £50 cash on us!
- Company pension matched up to 3% contribution
- Private Health Cover with AXA PPP (for you)
- Dental cover with Denplan (for you)
- Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Childcare Vouchers
- ‘Bike to Work’ scheme
- Life Assurance at four times your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Referral bonus for new hires
- Long Service Bonus at 5, 10, 15 years
- Socials and sports teams
- Beer-fridge Fridays and regular socials
We are The Marketing Store and we would love to meet you!