JOB TITLE: Global Product Creative Director
Reporting to: Ben Poate, VP of Marketing and Operations
Department: Product Design
Location: Hatfields, London
A Bit About Us….
Our London office is home to over 120 skilled individuals with a collaborative spirit. We thrive on each other’s differences, from industry-leading insight formers to award-winning creative types. Together we create big, bold campaigns for many of the world’s best-known brands including McDonald’s, Adidas, Red Bull and Cereal Partners Worldwide. Award-winning, fully-integrated know-how stretching back over 30 years.
From our heritage in retail and promotional marketing, we are now an agency that offers clients 360 degree thinking and creative, with ‘digital’ forming an essential part of our core offering.
In line with this, and to ensure The Marketing Store continues to evolve as a world class, award-winning ideas agency, we have developed a new agency proposition which puts people at the heart of our process and the agency itself. Promoting the use of data and collaborative working across the Global agency is fundamental to this new proposition.
Here it’s people that matter. At The Marketing Store, you count. Whatever your passion, personality and personal ambition, we all do our bit to help each other shine. As a result, our 10 offices around the world employ more than 800 people, and we’re known internationally as one of the “best places to work”.
Here’s Why We Think You Will Love This Role….
The Marketing store (TMS) has a long, exciting history as a highly innovative, inspirationally creative, global marketing agency. Our focus is on creating the most effective, brand building, behavior changing programs for iconic brands and businesses across the world. Our through-the-line model is led by data, fueled by cultural insight and focused on retail activation, products and experiences that drive the business. Our solutions are built around the ways real humans actually behave. And we behave like real humans too. We’re collaborative, supportive of one another, respectful of everyone, and generally fun to be around.
As the Global Product Creative Director you will drive the quality of output of The Marketing Store product design teams around the world. You will be responsible for owning the delivery of creative products and experiences that reach the hands of children and families around the world. Driving teams and clients to think differently, seek new solutions, designing and innovating the play experience through the products we produce.
What You Will Bring to The Agency….
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You will be able to demonstrate capabilities across the below three key areas:
Leading and driving the Global Creative team culture and ongoing work. This includes direct involvement and/or oversight of hiring, promotions, and project resource. You will be expected to drive a positive, creative, and work oriented studio atmosphere. Additionally, you will be able to work with global reports in different time-zones, to create but also coach them towards the right career path.
Pitching and winning key client business. As one of the top creatives in the company, you will be able to build and win client business and loyalty through presentation talent, expertise, personality, and overall industry experience.
Driving excellence in many disciplines. You will possess specific expertise that helps drive value in our services. You should be able to effectively communicate that value to customers and coach and manage a team in utilizing that expertise within project work.
- Creative concepting through to final deliverables
- Fostering ongoing improvements in creative processes and methodologies
- Ensuring that the creative group priorities are aligned with the greater creative objectives across the agency
- Managing the creative process and components to maximize the strategic impact and deliver maximum value in production
- Along with the Business Development team, developing and closing new business relationships with clients
- Ensuring all creative teams across the TMS offices (globally) are producing work at the highest quality, and with a TMS brand consistency
- Ensuring the process is efficient and profitable and the client’s needs are met or exceeded
Skills and Experience We Would Like You to Have…
- Solid senior level experience in product design (Play/Toy or Entertainment category ideal), either consultancy or in house design team applying breakthrough customer insights to the Creative process
- Leading by example and inspiring colleagues and clients with clarity of thought and an ability to pinpoint key insights and articulate them in a compelling way
- Highly collaborative in work approach
- Innate curiosity and demonstrated ability to connect insights and gain inspiration from disparate sources
- Exceptional thinking and influence skills
- Confident and clear communicator, with the demonstrated ability to be inspirational and compelling; the kind of person others regularly look to for ideas
- Exceptional brainstorm leader; moderation and facilitation of conceptual idea development
- Proven success working in cross functional teams
- Comfort working in highly flexible, ever changing entrepreneurial environments
- Experience of working globally, managing teams in multiple locations with an availability to travel
Those Extra Perks!
- 22 days’ holiday standard (increases year on year with service)
- An additional three days for the Christmas period
- Your birthday off and £50 cash on us!
- Private Health Cover with AXA PPP (for you)
- Dental cover with Denplan (for you)
- Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Childcare Vouchers
- ‘Bike to Work’ scheme
- Life Assurance at four times your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Referral bonus for new hires
- Long Service Bonus at 5, 10, 15 years
- Socials and sports teams
- Beer-fridge Fridays and regular socials
We are the Marketing Store and we would love to meet you!