JOB TITLE: Junior Product Creative
Reporting to: Principal Creative
Department: Innovation Hub of the R&D department
Are you always thinking of new ideas? Are you obsessed with innovation? Would you love to see an idea you’ve conceived be played with by kids all around the world?
If that sounds like you – we’re looking for a fast, lateral thinking Product Creative with energy, ambition and a love of toys.
Vivid is a renowned British Toy Co based in Guildford UK with offices in Hong Kong, France and Germany. Vivid design and manufacture toys for some of the biggest entertainment properties and global brands like Nickelodeon, Crayola, Disney and Warner Brothers. We create our own in-house IP and brands from concept to launch that are sold across the globe.
We foster an environment where you’ll be encouraged to ask questions and empowered to think outside the toy box.
This entry level position is a hybrid role that encompasses future thinking and designing with the intention of turning ideas into world class play experiences. You’ll also get stuck in with the day to day duties of the department. You’ll be working within the Innovation Hub of the R&D department, reporting to the Principal Creative.
- Conceptualise and communicate ideas visually using varied mediums throughout the concept life cycle. These will include mass idea generation doodles, exploratory ideation sketching, high-fidelity renders, vision boards, concept decks and presentations.
- Assist in the seeking and curation of new and existing inspiration sources. Contribute to the formation of insights.
- Ideate and create lo-fidelity physical hacks/mock-ups to prove out concepts and articulate the play experience to stakeholders. Work with external agencies and suppliers for refined prototypes and sourcing.
- Through mixed ideation methods you’ll be tasked with thinking of unique toy and play experiences that cover the 360 experience – product, packaging, content and launch concepts for live brands, new brands and future brands.
- Support the brand teams by capturing and creating creative assets for our digital and social media channels.
- Assist with the day to day department admin.
What we’d like:
- Top of the class conceptualisation skills. Well versed in digital creative tools – Adobe Creative Suite specifically Illustrator and Photoshop. 3D modelling and after effects is a bonus.
- An effective communicator and presenter of ideas.
- An agile fast thinker.
- Filled to the brim with hobbies and interests – this part of your CV is important to us.
- Lives within commutable distance to Guildford.
- You’ll likely have a Product Design related degree with some related work experience.
What you’ll get:
- Support and mentoring to kick-start your career.
- A fun, friendly and entrepreneurial working environment. Whilst we work very hard, there’s always time for fun and games.
- Out of office adventures at industry events, inspiration seeking quests, store visits and ideation workshops.
- Alternate half-day Fridays during Summer season
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Apply with why you think you’d be great for this role (in less than 200 words), your CV (PDF – no word docs please) and an example of your work (online or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th December.
No recruiters please.