At TTS Group, we believe every child should love learning and it’s our mission to develop new and innovative products that help teachers inspire the young and inquisitive mind. There are no barriers to what we look to create, and we are incredibly proud of our extensive range of toys, furniture, outdoor play, curriculum and computing resources.
We’ve created this position to support our ambition to be the leading producer of innovative ICT educational resources. There’s nothing like the feeling of having an idea, working on its development, and finally see it benefit learning in the classroom. That is why it’s a dynamic, rewarding and collaborative role, with team work a key element in delivering to market your innovative concepts. You will support and work alongside a creative, passionate and growing New Product Development team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inventive, driven and tenacious educational professional with a passion for computing to join a company who support, encourage and reward innovation and success.
- Idea generation for new primary computing and ICT products
- Aware of latest trends and ideas in computing and electronics; in education, but also more broadly
- Develop excellent long term relationships with leading advisers, teachers and educationalists to provide valid input into the TTS product range
- Support the design and development of new products and product improvements, balancing innovative engineering design, functional requirements and aesthetic appeal with product safety, cost effective design and ease of manufacture.
- Be an essential part of cross-functional teams and work closely with suppliers and other interested parties throughout projects
- Maintain and future proof all existing and new products. Ensure updates, including software, are managed and maintained, keeping products relevant and useable
- Be a champion for new technology and provide guidance and support to marketing and product development to drive innovation through the use of new and improved technologies.
- Answer customer queries on how to, and best use of, ICT products
Desirable skills and requirements:
- Primary teaching skills with experience in computing, ICT and/or engineering.
- Highly creative and able to demonstrate innovation skill set
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – credible, open and approachable, with the ability to adjust your manner to suit your audience.
- Open, outgoing and comfortable doing presentations in a public forum (Trade Shows)