Interplay UK are looking to recruit a Junior / Graduate Product Designer to join our small but experienced team in Marlow. Toy industry experience is not required, but a playful and positive attitude is essential.
Interplay UK is one of the fastest growing toy companies in the UK. Our mission is to develop industry leading, innovative toys that are high quality, fun and deliver a positive and wholesome experience for children.
Interplay UK has recently been acquired by PlayMonster; this brings with it an even greater opportunity to develop products for the global market.
We’d love to hear from Design graduates who are bursting with enthusiasm, ideas and energy.
You should be a thinker, a problem solver, a proficient sketcher and someone who is able to communicate ideas quickly in a range of methods (2D, 3D or digitally). You should be proficient in CAD, the Adobe Suite and able to produce presentation material to aid concept adoption.
- A product design degree (or similar 3D design discipline).
- A playful and positive outlook.
- A love of toys.
- A desire to innovate.
- Adept at communicating ideas quickly and effectively.
- Proficient in CAD, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Able to produce effective presentation material.
- Adaptable enough to innovate within the commercial and safety constraints of the Toy Industry.
- The determination required to take an idea and care for it until it is a product on the shelves.
- Able to work in a small team.
The Nice to Haves:
- Character design experience.
- Experience of designing products for children.
- An outline understanding of the manufacturing process.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please send your CV and a single exciting example of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd August.
No agencies, direct applicants only.