Worlds Apart have an exciting opportunity to join our enthusiastic, lively and dedicated Product Design team based in Cornwall. Toy industry experience is not essential but passion, a proactive and creative approach with a genuine enthusiasm for design is key. Interested? We’d love to hear from you. Find out more at www.worldsapart.com/about-us/join-team/
Great team with bags of experience
Our people are our greatest asset, we strive to create a culture where employees not only feel valued and empowered but continue to enhance and grow in their careers.
We know our mission of “Making family life easier and more fun” is possible when we work together to build successful teams.
Our team are insightful, experienced, and creative, with a playful sense of adventure that makes Worlds Apart a unique company to work for.
We live, breathe, and love what we do and have the following vacancy….
Right now we have an exciting opportunity to join our enthusiastic, lively and dedicated product design team based in Cornwall. We’re keen to hear from Design graduates full of great ideas with around 2 year’s industry background and an interesting and varied portfolio demonstrating proven concept-to-production experience. Toy industry experience is not essential but passion, a proactive and creative approach with a genuine enthusiasm for the design is key.
You’ll be CAD and Adobe Illustrator proficient with the ability to work comfortably with the rest of creative suite and happy to sketch on paper. In addition to peerless creativity, you’ll have the personality to fit in seamlessly with our lively and dedicated Product team.
The Must haves:
- A design degree
- A desire to live in Cornwall
- A great portfolio brimming with passion and great design
- An enthusiasm and energy for Design
- Proven experience producing front end products for consumer brands
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in CAD (preferably solidworks)
- Quick and capable in Adobe illustrator
- Be comfortable working solo or in a team
- Experience designing across a broad range of materials
- A love of toys and be comfortable adopting a playful approach to their work
- Awareness of commerciality, ergonomics and other factors affecting the feasibility of a design
- Experience in Photoshop, rendering software (ideally Keyshot or Photoview 360) and office products.
- Ability to articulate and communicate ideas effectively
Nice to haves:
- Direct toy industry experience
- Animation skills
- Electronics knowledge
- Character design experience
If you’d like to apply for this role please send your CV and portfolio to Bethan, our friendly HR Manager, at email@example.com by Tuesday 30th June.
No agencies. Direct applicants only please. We look forward to hearing from you.