We are the UK’s largest supplier of Educational Resources with true global coverage supplying our unique products to over 85 countries. Whether its robotics, computing, toys, furniture or any of the other 23k+ products in our range, our passion is in Education and our aim is to give children across the Globe a reason to love learning, and like children, there is no limit to our imagination!
We’re growing, and this is a newly created role and exciting opportunity to make a real impact! You will turn conceptual ideas into reality working closely with internal customers to bring new products to life. You will support and be part of a creative and expanding NPD team, taking the lead in all aspects of ICT Product Development playing an integral role from concept through to manufacture.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to add value through continuous improvements and knowledge/expertise in the field of electronic/electrical engineering in turn driving the development of new products. You will have a resourceful and flexible approach to the NPD process in order to deliver successful products as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Support the design and development of new products and improvements, balancing innovative engineering design, functional requirements and aesthetic appeal.
- Support QA and NPD in the identification and resolution of existing product issues.
- Ensure technical files are created and maintained/updated as new products are designed, or existing products are changed.
- Provide technical support throughout the NPD cycle and to other areas of the business when required including customer queries.
- Support in sourcing new innovative suppliers and vetting manufacturing capabilities and suitability.
- Maintain and future proof all existing and new products ensuring all updates including software are managed and maintained ensuring no impact to the product.
Skills and requirements:
- A relevant Electrical/Electronic HNC or Degree academic qualification (preferred)
- A minimum of 2+ Years Industry Experience
- Technically minded with a creative flare.
- Experience in a design or manufacturing role with good knowledge of a wide range of materials and manufacturing processes. (Preferred)
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple design projects at any time.
- Experience of electrical/electronic product design with knowledge of fault diagnostics and root cause analysis.
- Good understanding of wiring, PCB design, and use of test equipment, EMC considerations and electrical safety.
- Proficient at researching components, materials, processes and product developments/advancements
- Pro-active and passionate about product development.
To apply please send your CV to Raji Johal firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible