Interplay UK are looking to recruit a Senior Product Designer to join our small, lively team with big dreams. At least 5 years toy design (or relevant) experience is required, preferably more.
Interplay UK is one of the fastest growing toy companies in the UK. Our mission is to develop industry leading, innovative toys with integrity, which are fun and deliver a positive and wholesome experience for children… we strive to produce ‘toys for a brighter future’.
Interplay UK has recently been acquired by PlayMonster; this brings with it an even greater opportunity to develop products for the global market and to work as part of a larger creative team.
Senior Product Designer
We’d love to hear from experienced Toy Designers who retain a passion for their craft and aspire to create toys that children will cherish.
You must be a creative thinker, a problem solver, a confident sketcher and someone who is able to communicate ideas quickly in a range of methods (2D, 3D or digitally). You should ideally be proficient in some form of CAD, the Adobe Suite and able to produce presentation material to aid concept adoption.
- A product design degree (or similar 3D design discipline).
- At least 5 years toy design experience, preferably across a variety of categories.
- A playful and positive outlook.
- A thorough knowledge of the toy market.
- Experience of the entire design process from concept to production.
- Able to gather insights and assess trends.
- You’re sparky and have a genuine desire to challenge convention and to innovate.
- Willing to play an active part in brainstorm sessions.
- Adept at communicating ideas quickly and effectively.
- Awareness of child development stages (to design age appropriately).
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Able to produce effective presentation material.
- A confident presenter and influencer.
- A willingness to improve your designs through testing, gaining feedback and iteration.
- Experience of designing to a cost.
- Experience of designing to toy safety standards.
- Able to manage of a number of projects in different phases of development simultaneously.
- Able to help direct product packaging.
- A team player who will engage with different departments and is willing to help mentor a Junior / Graduate Designer.
The Nice to Haves:
- Proficient in some form of CAD.
- Character design experience.
- An interest in making things.
- Rendering knowledge.
- Basic video production and editing skills.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please send your CV and a single exciting example of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th November.
No agencies, direct applicants only.