|Job Title:||Senior Production Manager – Games|
|Apply Via:||Click here|
Welcome to the Funko-verse, a world built on pure imagination, a land governed by the philosophy that stories matter, a universe comprised of characters from countless fandoms, a galaxy of once upon a times and happily ever afters.
But what does Funko do?
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture, making and selling license-focused collectibles. Funko HQ is based in Everett, WA where we have a store that delights kids of all ages (kids at heart included). We currently hold hundreds of licenses for franchises ranging from Marvel to Harry Potter, giving us the rights to create tens of thousands of characters—one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. We take your favorite characters and turn them into adorable, or sometimes scary, collectible figures. Our most famous line, Pop! Vinyl, has millions of fans around the world.
Funko Games, a division of Funko, is an invention, design, and playtesting studio specializing in board games. Our cadre of creative thinkers and talented tinkerers melds unbounded inspiration with intensive research and rigorous consumer testing to shape best-in-class products. We are located in the University District of Seattle, WA.
As the Senior Production Manager, you will oversee a team responsible for the production of board game products from sourcing factories, developing product specifications documents, requesting quotes from factories, evaluating quotes and capabilities and assigning factories, negotiating stages and schedules, and interfacing with factories throughout the production process:
Your Superpowers in Action
– Manage a production team including allocating and prioritizing projects and responsibilities, envisioning and improving standard processes, and coordinating with companywide production departments;
– Responsibility for running changes, recalls, or other high-stress circumstances related to production, inventory, and distribution;
– Ownership of process for evaluating and onboarding new suppliers and manufacturing vendors;
– Interface with creative product development leadership on project processes and expectations;
– Directly own production projects alongside managed personnel;
– Absorb and understand project goals and requirements from creative product development teammates;
– Create product specification documents including bills of materials, aesthetic and technical performance requirements;
– Generate internal initial costing estimation to assist product development teams in assessing product scope and feasibility;
– Identify suitable factory partners for given projects and request quotes accordingly;
– Solicit, negotiate, compare, and analyze competitive manufacturing quotes;
– Determine key product development milestones and production timelines;
– Negotiate and enforce stages and schedules with factory partners;
– Track and communicate project status in written updates and meetings;
– Monitor and assess quality, performance, strengths, and weaknesses of suppliers;
– Strategize and solve issues involving material feasibility, manufacturability, quality, durability, sizing, costing, and scheduling;
– Route, collect feedback on, and drive decision-making related to samples and prototypes at all stages of production;
– Inspire product development innovation with research into new materials, technologies, and manufacturing processes;
– Obtain compliance and testing clearance and documentation of products as required;
– Create prototypes and mock-ups of mechanical ideas, packaging, or unique product features.
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
– 5+ years professional experience with a solid understanding of board game and/or toy sourcing and manufacturing, including print, paper, stickers, molded plastics, textiles, foam, wood, tin, tooling, deco, parts assemblies, springs, gears, motors, and other mechanical components including electronics, buttons, display screens, logic, sound, and more
– Passion for leading, and previous experience in people and team management
– Willingness to travel multiple times per year, including internationally (up to 14 days per trip)
– Ability to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends, to allow timely communication with overseas vendors
– Skills to communicate clearly with internal teams and global partners, utilizing an understanding of international language barriers, customs, and cultures
– Existing relationships with Asian suppliers and manufacturing vendors a strong plus
– Proficiency with Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Adobe Creative Suite; 3D CAD development skills a strong preference
– Ability to juggle a variety of projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities and frequent redirection
– Demonstrated self-starter and analytical problem-solver with initiative, confidence, and professionalism
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
– Ability to work productively within a lively open-office setting
– Outstanding work ethic and positive attitude
– Curious and inventive personality with mechanical and electrical tinkering skills
– Mandarin language skills a strong plus
– Pertinent educational background preferred
What Funko Offers
Funko offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits and a 401(K) plan with matching contributions from the company. Most importantly, we offer a creative work environment with people who love pop culture just as much as you do. Can’t wait to gush about your latest binge? Neither can we! Looking for a place where your favorite pop culture t-shirt will receive the compliments it deserves? We know how you feel!
Funko is an equal opportunity employer. We know that every superhero has a unique origin story and the diversity of these stories enrich what we do. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.