Fuse’s Vina Arriaga and Seven Towns’ Elizabeth Moody among nominees for Wonder Women Awards 2022
Women in Toys has detailed the nominees for the 2022 Wonder Women Awards.
In the Designer/Inventor category, the nominees are:
• Carla Schneider, Founder & CEO, WubbaNub
• Carolina Arce, Design Director, Jazwares
• Jackeline Gonzalez, Director, Toys and Hardlines Design, Universal Brand Development
• Kenna O’Brien, Senior Manager, Product Design , Barbie, Mattel
• Launi King, Director, Product Design, DPEP (Disney)
• Mel Hershey, Principal Engineer & Spark Team Leader, Hasbro
• Tahlia Gee, Product Designer, Moose Toys
• Vina Arriaga, Lead Designer/Inventor, Fuse
Elsewhere, in the Rising Star – Designer/Inventor category, the nominees are:
• Joanna Paul, Founder & CEO, Whatsitsface LLC
• Lorena Montalvo, Product Designer, TOMY
• Vanessa Fung, Senior Designer, Toys & Hardlines, Universal Brand Development
• Hilary Richards, Founder & CEO, Boo Boo Ball
Figures from across the design and inventor space are also prominent in other categories.
Good Play Guide’s Dr Amanda Gummer and People of Play’s Mary Couzin are both in the running for the Social Good Award, The Toy Coach’s Azhelle Wade features in the Storyteller category, Fuse’s Hannah Palfrey is up for Unsung Hero, while Seven Town’s Elizabeth Moody and TinkerTini’s Trina McFarland are among the nominees for the Deal Maker Award.
You can check out the full list of nominees over at https://womenintoys.com/2022-nominees/.
Winners will be announced on Sunday, February 20th 2022 at the 30th Anniversary Wonder Women Awards in New York City, and voting is open for all WiT members until January 14th, 2022.
To stay in the loop with the latest news, interviews and features from the world of toy and game design, sign up to our weekly newsletter here