HABA USA launches second Annual Game Design Contest
HABA USA has launched its second Annual Game Design Contest.
Open until July 20th, designers in the US, Canada and Mexico can purchase a design kit from HABAusa.com containing pieces to be used when creating a new game for the contest.
Each design kit will have unique contents and will include random pieces from discontinued or current HABA games.
Games must adhere to the following rules:
- Allow for 2 – 5 players
- Game play must last between 15 – 45 minutes
- Use at least three of the items from the HABA design kit. (Using the same item multiple times is acceptable)
- Have complete rules that can be used to play the game.
- Only include intellectual property you own or have rights to use.
- Be a family weight game.
- Something that fits into HABA’s game line.
- Theme and mechanics are left up to you!
A maximum of 200 design kits will be available for purchase on HABAusa.com. Limit one kit per person/group.
A panel of judges, made up of game designers, local players, store managers and HABA USA staff, will play all of the games and select the top three to five games that are deemed to be the best fit for HABA.
The selected winners will receive a HABA games bundle, while the winner’s game will be shown to the firm’s director of new game development at HABA Germany’s corporate office.
Click here for more information.