Innovate UK launches Creative Industries Fund
Innovate UK is launching a new funding competition called ‘Creative Industries Fund’.
Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £2.5 million in innovation projects from UK registered micro and small businesses in the creative sector.
The aim of the Creative Industries Fund is to provide a package of targeted support for growth, so ambitious creative businesses can reach their potential.
Businesses can apply for a package of support to grow their business, and this package includes ongoing support from Innovate UK EDGE and funding of up to £25,000 for innovation projects.
Innovate UK is looking to fund projects which:
– offer a clearly innovative and ambitious idea;
– are new to your business; create a new revenue stream, for example, new products, services or IP;
– respond to the changing market conditions, such new modes of audience consumption, or the adoption of new technologies within the sector;
– will be market-ready within 12 months of receiving support;
– are able to start rapidly;
– represent value for money.
The Creative Industries Fund is only for micro and small businesses operating in or supporting the UK creative industries, which have never previously received innovation grant funding from Innovate UK.
The fund is open now and will close on June 16th 2021.
Apply for the fund here, or to find out more check out the briefing video below:
To stay in the loop with the latest news, interviews and features from the world of toy and game design, sign up to our weekly newsletter here