LEGO Harry Potter, Feisty Pets and Fortnite Monopoly up for accolades at 2019 International Licensing Awards
The nominees for the 2019 International Licensing Awards have been detailed.
For the first time in the Awards’ 33-year history, submissions and judging were held online, and there were 622 submissions from 19 different countries, marking a new record.
“This elite group of nominees is truly representative of the global licensing community, showcasing the creativity and innovation that is part of our industry’s DNA,” said Maura Regan, president, LIMA.
“We look forward to announcing the winners on June 4th in Las Vegas, but today we celebrate all of this year’s nominees – to be among this group is a mark of excellence in and of itself.”
Nominees in the toy categories are:
Best Licensed Products: Toys, Games and Novelties (0 – 12 years old)
· Ryan’s World Giant Mystery Egg (Bonkers Toys)
· Sesame Street Feature Plush (Headstart)
· Fortnite Llama Loot Pinata (Jazwares)
· Feisty Pets (Jazwares/Surge Licensing)
· LEGO Harry Potter Range (LEGO)
· LEGO Jurassic World Range (LEGO)
Best Licensed Products: Toys, Games and Novelties (13 years old +)
· Black Mirror: Nosedive Boardgame (Asmodee Group/Endemol)
· Sesame Street Pet Toys (Bacon Company)
· Warhammer 40,000 Figurines (Funko)
· Fortnite Monopoly (Hasbro)
· Harry Potter Real Talking Sorting Hat (Maxx Marketing)
· Thanos Rising (USAopoly)
LIMA members will now help select the winners, when the member voting period opens in a few weeks.
The winners will be unveiled at a special Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, June 4th, during Licensing Expo in Las Vegas.