Next month’s bio!TOY conference to put the spotlight on sustainability
The subject of sustainability in toys will go under the spotlight at next month’s bio!TOY conference.
The focus of this year’s event will be on how the change away from fossil towards circular renewable raw materials can succeed strategically and practically.
This year will also see bio!TOY host a political stage for the first time, where associations and the EU Commission will discuss their ideas for shaping change. A table-top exhibition and a special entertainment program are also planned.
Speakers this year include:
• Søren Kristiansen, Senior Director of Technology in LEGO’s Sustainable Materials division.
• Jason Kroskrity, Director, Sustainable Development, Chemistry & Materials at Mattel.
• Elise Hounslow, Toy Designer at Elise Hounslow Design
• Rafaela Hartenstein, Senior Director of Government and Regulatory Affairs EMEA & Asia at Hasbro.
• Dr Phillipp Hummel, Head of Sustainability at Schleich
• Steven Van Bommel, CEO at BiOBUDDi
“bio!TOY will be a great chance to refresh your knowledge of the latest materials, circular design principals and tools, and to discuss how we can work together to make progress and learn from each other,” said Elise Hounslow.
“Whether you’re just dipping your toes into toy sustainability or are a sustainable plastics fanatic, this conference is for you!”
The bio!TOY 2023 conference takes place across March 21st and 22nd at the Arvena Park Hotel in Nuremberg, Germany, and will also be available to watch digitally. All information about the program and registration can be found at www.bio-toy.info.
To stay in the loop with the latest news, interviews and features from the world of toy and game design, sign up to our weekly newsletter here