Nominations are now open for the Mojo Nation 100 publication, listing the 100 most influential figures working in toy and game design today.
The Mojo Nation 100 launches at UK Toy Fair 2018, as well as having a presence at the Inventors’ Dinner, Spielwarenmesse, US Toy Fair and the Play Creators Festival in September 2018.
‘The 100’ covers five categories:
- Rising Stars – Who are the design legends of the future? Perhaps someone leading one of the industry’s many exciting start-ups, or a young star within your team? If so, nominate them in the Rising Star category. You may not know these names yet – but you soon will!
- Research & Development – These nominees represent the finest talent working in R&D. It could be an inventor-relations guru responsible for unearthing some of the year’s biggest hits, or an R&D manager whose work deserves recognition. Let us know!
- Design Agencies – The secret weapon for many toy firms, design agencies are the unsung heroes of our industry. This category celebrates people at design agencies with something to shout about over the last 12 months.
- Freelance – From Spiel de Jahres winners to the creators behind the sector’s most innovative play concepts, here’s a chance to nominate freelance toy and game designers.
- Design Champions – For figures whose work supports, promotes and aids the opportunities and achievements of the toy & game design community.
If you’re working in the toy and game industry, you can nominate yourself, a colleague or anyone else that you think deserves to make the 100, just email Billy@mojo-nation.com with the nominee’s details and your reasons for feeling that they belong on the list.
“Mojo Nation is all about celebrating the global toy and game design community, from budding inventors at start-ups right the way through to R&D stars at some of the industry’s biggest firms.” said co-founder Billy Langsworthy.
“It doesn’t matter if you’re using it as a resource for finding the best design talent to work with, or as a welcome reminder of the great and often overlooked work of our industry’s creative backbone… the Mojo Nation 100 is a great way to shine a spotlight on the talent in our community. We’re looking forward to receiving your nominations.”
The nomination deadline is Friday, November 5th. There are also a limited number of sponsorship opportunities available for the Mojo Nation 100. For more information, email Adam@mojo-nation.com.