TOTY Awards winners revealed
The Toy Association detailed the winners of the Toy of the Year Awards at last week’s 2023 Preview & 2022 Holiday Market.
“We are excited to have the industry in-person to celebrate the TOTY winners, all of which are extraordinary examples of creativity and imagination that deliver the benefits of play to children and adults alike,” said Pamela Mastrota, executive director of The Toy Foundation.
Winners at the event included:
• Action Figure of the Year: Jurassic World Dominion Super Colossal Giganotosaurus (Mattel)
• Collectible of the Year: LEGO Minifigures The Muppets (LEGO Systems)
• Construction Toy of the Year: LEGO MARVEL I am Groot (LEGO Systems)
• Creative Toy of the Year: Magic Mixies Magical Crystal Ball (Moose Toys)
• Doll of the Year: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Fresh Fierce Collection by The Fresh Dolls (World of EPI Company)
• Game of the Year: Pokémon Trading Card Game: Pokémon GO Elite Trainer Box (The Pokémon Company International)
• Grown-Up Toy of the Year: LEGO Ideas The Office (LEGO Systems)
• Infant/Toddler Toy of the Year: CoComelon Ultimate Learning Adventure Bus (Just Play)
• License of the Year: Squishmallows (Jazwares)
• Outdoor Toy of the Year: Twister SPLASH (WowWee)
• Playset of the Year: LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Peach Starter Course (LEGO Systems)
• Plush Toy of the Year: 16″ Squishmallows (Jazwares)
• Preschool Toy of the Year: Crayola Color & Erase Reusable Mat (Crayola)
• Ride-On Toy of the Year: Mario Kart 24V Ride-On Racer (JAKKS Pacific)
• Specialty Toy of the Year: Ann Williams Craft-tastic Nature Scavenger Hunt Potions (PlayMonster Group) and Snap • Circuits: Green Energy (ELENCO)
• STEAM Toy of the Year: Bill Nye’s VR Science Kit (Abacus Brands)
• Vehicle of the Year: LEGO Technic McLaren Formula 1 Race Car (LEGO Systems)
The overall Toy of the Year and People’s Choice award winners will be announced on November 21st.
The next TOTY Awards will take place September 29th, 2023, kicking off next year’s New York Toy Fair.
To stay in the loop with the latest news, interviews and features from the world of toy and game design, sign up to our weekly newsletter here